The Human Services Commission is charged by the Federal Way City Council to oversee the development of the city's human services program. There is an opportunity for public comment at each meeting. Meetings are subject to change, please check the city's weekly meeting calendar.
The commission is composed of 9 Federal Way residents appointed by the City Council. They make reports and recommendations to the Mayor and City Council regarding human services issues. As outlined by city ordinance, commission duties include:
- Coordinating with other groups and human service planning agencies and organizations
- Determining priorities of human services needs in the city
- Developing and assessing human services in the city
- Evaluating and making recommendations on funding requests submitted to the city
- Evaluating and reviewing the performance of individual human service agencies
- Reviewing city actions which may affect the availability and quality of human service delivery in the city
- 2013-2014 Human Services Commission Work Plan
- Current and past meeting packets and agendas
Community Services Manager
CDBG/Human Services Coordinator
33325 8th Ave. S.
Federal Way, WA 98003
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm