Director of Parks
33325 8th Ave. S.
After-Hours Emergency Ph: 800.400.0749
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The City of Federal Way Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department is managed by the Administrative Division and is organized into six additional divisions:
- The Recreation Division plans and implements a wide variety of recreation, community center, athletic and cultural programs, services and special events.
- The Federal Way Community Center features three gyms, two pools, fitness area, climbing wall, senior lounge, sauna / steam rooms, classroom space and community rooms for rental use. The facility also serves as a location for many general recreation classes and some community events.
- The Dumas Bay Centre offers overnight and day use accommodations for business and retreats as well as rentals for events such as weddings. There is also a 12-acre passive-use park and beach.
- The Knutzen Family Theatre offers performance space for local artists and art organizations.
- The Park Maintenance and Operations Division maintains six community parks, 23 neighborhood parks and six major facilities. The city also maintains 23 undeveloped open spaces and three trail systems for use by its citizens, defining a park system that exceeds 1,000 acres. This division is also responsible for facility maintenance and operations.