Climbing Wall Lead Attendant
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Temporary, Part-Time
SALARY RANGE: $13.00 - $15.00/hour
OPENS: January 13, 2017
CLOSES: Open Until Filled
Under the direction of the Federal Way Community Center Fitness Athletic Coordinator; the climbing wall lead attendant is responsible for route setting and wall maintenance, training of climbing wall attendants, supervising climbing wall operations (open climb, equipment rental/inventory) and the development of various revenue producing climbing events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Enjoy working with people of all ages and have great customer services skills.
- Train climbing wall attendants on climbing and belay techniques, to include proper use of equipment.
- Development of routes for several different skill levels.
- Develop effective and SAFE clinics for different skill levels.
- Set up a training protocol for pass holders so they are free to climb on their own.
- Account for all community center equipment and verify the safety of outdoor equipment brought in for use in the facility.
- Produce a schedule of climbing events geared toward all ages, genders to maximize climbing wall use.
- Make sure a qualified attendant is always on shift during open climb and climbing functions, parties, etc.
- Verify that all climbers have signed liability forms and that underage participants have parent permission slips on file.
- Knowledge of route setting and climbing and belay techniques; climbing gear, knots and belay devices.
- Ability to take initiative, make sound decions, and trouble shoot problematic situations in an independent manner.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check.
- Ability to be responsible, a self-motivated person who will bring new ideas.
- Ability to be positive, and have an energetic attitude to attract new climbers to the wall.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Two (2) or more years of climbing experience, plus route setting experience. A passion for people and the sport is a must!
LICENSE & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Washington State driver’s license.
- Current First Aid and CPR cards required.
TO APPLY: Please complete a required City of Federal Way application form and attach resume and cover letter. Applications available at City Hall, 33325 8th Avenue South, Federal Way, online at www.cityoffederalway.com, or by calling 253-835-2530. Successful candidates for this position will be subject to a background check pursuant to RCW 43.43.832.
The City of Federal way is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace. Applicants may request a copy of the City’s EEOP Utilization Report by contacting Human Resources at 253-835-2531. Any person requiring ADA accommodation should advise the City of the need. For telecommunications relay service for voice and text telephones call 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388/TTY or 1-800-833-6384/voice.