Customer Service/Facility Attendant
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Temporary, Part-Time
SALARY RANGE: $11.00 - $14.00/hour
OPENS: April 21, 2017
CLOSES: Until Filled
Under the direction of the Facility Coordinator, assist in daily operations, facility rentals, customer requests, and other services as requested.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide exceptional customer service to guests and co-workers.
- Solve problems quickly and in a positive manner.
- Set up and take down of rooms for rentals, classes and events.
- Opening and closing the facility; interacting with users, special interest groups, citizens, recreation staff and participants; enforce rules and policies.
- Answer questions, provide tours to interested parties and respond to the needs of visitors.
- Walk through the facility frequently to ensure everything is running smoothly.
- Maintain building appearance.
- Receive comments and complaints from customers, and inform Facility Coordinator of actions taken or situations on-site.
- Responsible for safety and security of the building and all guests while on-site.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Customer service skills. Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy. Principles and practices of facility services.
Positively and effectively interact with diverse individuals to accomplish a common goal. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Physical ability to perform the essential job functions. Resolve conflicts in a positive manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- First Aid and CPR Certificate is a plus. If hired, must obtain certification within the first 6 weeks of employment.
NOTE: This is a temporary, part-time position with no benefits. Hours may vary depending on facility usage. All hours/shifts available may include day, evening, overnight and weekends.
TO APPLY: Please complete a required City of Federal Way application form and attach resume and cover letter. Applications available at City Hall, 33325 8th Avenue South, Federal Way, online at www.cityoffederalway.com, or by calling 253-835-2530. Successful candidates for this position will be subject to a background check pursuant to RCW 43.43.832.
The City of Federal way is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace. Applicants may request a copy of the City’s EEOP Utilization Report by contacting Human Resources at 253-835-2531. Any person requiring ADA accommodation should advise the City of the need. For telecommunications relay service for voice and text telephones call 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388/TTY or 1-800-833-6384/voice.