Teen Camp Supervisor
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Seasonal, Full-Time*
SALARY RANGE: $12.50 - $15.00/hour
OPENS: February 17, 2017
CLOSES: Open Until Filled
NOTE: This is a seasonal full-time position, with 40hours per week with no benefits. Successful applicants should expect an interview on March 17th. This is subject to change. If hired, applicants should expect the following: 1) Mandatory attendance at training on June 22nd & June 23rd. 2) Work on July 4th at the City’s Red, White and Blues Festival. 3) Work during the following weeks: Spring Break Camp, April 3rd through April 7th. Crazy Summer Teen Camp, June 26th through September 1st. Additional planning hours are required before camp starts.
Under the direction of the Community Recreation Coordinator and the Recreation Specialist, the Teen Camp Supervisor will plan, implement and lead daily recreational activities for up to 22 teens, ages 13 to 15, attending Crazy Summer Teen Camp, No School Day Camp or CIT Counselor in training during Spring Break 4/4 – 4/7. As a representative of the Parks Department, a uniform will be provided and must be worn during working hours.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plan, lead and teach various activities including, but not limited to songs, crafts, games and sports.
- Supervise and actively participating in group activities and serve as a positive role model for teens at all times.
- Work closely with other staff in an enthusiastic, cooperative and supportive manner.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, parents, teens and supervisors.
- Implement discipline.
- Belay teens at our rock wall; training provided.
- Maintain safety of teens at all times.
- Render first in in case of injury.
- Plan and implement of daily activities and weekly field trips.
- Clean and set up program areas and store equipment and supplies at the end of each day.
- Write accident/incident or other reports.
- Attend required staff training and other meetings.
- Maintain professional image and positive attitude at all times.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Recreation Coordinator or Recreation Specialist.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- A valid Driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Driving a 15 passenger van will be required.
- Educational background in recreation, education, or child development preferred.
- Experience in planning, implementing and supervising recreational and/or educational activities for teens preferred.
- Current First Aid, Child and Adult CPR cards required.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check.
- Responsible for own transportation to and from various job sites.
TO APPLY: Please complete a required City of Federal Way application form and attach resume and cover letter. Applications available at City Hall, 33325 8th Avenue South, Federal Way, online at www.cityoffederalway.com, or by calling 253-835-2530. Successful candidates for this position will be subject to a background check pursuant to RCW 43.43.832.Teen Camp
The City of Federal way is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace. Applicants may request a copy of the City’s EEOP Utilization Report by contacting Human Resources at 253-835-2531. Any person requiring ADA accommodation should advise the City of the need. For telecommunications relay service for voice and text telephones call 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388/TTY or 1-800-833-6384/voice.