Home  /  Passport Renewals

Passport Renewals



Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, the City of Federal Way is suspending new passport applications until further notice.

Please visit the official federal website at www.travel.state.gov for a list of other nearby agencies and processing timelines.

Children and anyone whose passport was issued when they were under the age of 16 must apply in person (First Time Applicants / New or Renewal for Minors), otherwise, see below for more information.


The City of Federal Way is not authorized to process adult passport renewals; if you meet the following criteria, you must apply by mail , otherwise you must apply in-person using the DS-11 application. You may obtain the form at City Hall or online. Be sure to include the current passport, passport photo, proof of name change if applicable, and the fee (the $35 execution fee does not apply).

View the Seattle Passport Agency information if you need a passport book (including a renewal) and are traveling sooner than two weeks.

You may apply for a passport renewal only if you meet the following criteria, otherwise you must apply for a new passport: 

  • You can submit your most recent passport and it is undamaged
  • Your previous passport was issued on or after your 16 birthday
  • Your most recent passport was issued less than 15 years ago
  • You use the same name as on your most recent passport, or have had a name change by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect the name change


Passport Applications
You may submit your passport application at:
Federal Way City Hall 
Second Floor
33325 8th Avenue South
Federal Way, WA  98003

NOTE: BY APPOINTMENT ONLY - Currently, no appointments are being scheduled.

Mon - Fri / 8:30AM - 12:00PM
Call 253.835.7000 to schedule

Payment to the US Department of State must be check or money order. A second separate payment to the City of Federal Way may be check, money order, cash, VISA, or MasterCard.