The Federal Way Police Department is a nationally accredited, full-service law enforcement agency providing police services for the citizens, business owners and visitors of the City of Federal Way. We are a growing department with a multitude of opportunities for advancement through work / collateral assignments. If you have employment related questions, please contact the recruitment office at 253.835.3973 or Human Resources Department at 253.835.2531.
Federal Way Police have partnered with Public Safety Testing to administer the initial testing process for the the position of Police Officer. Please visit their website to start your career with the City of Federal Way.
Entry level Applicant requirements
Go to the PST website and complete an application
Out of state Lateral Applicants $5000 signing bonus
We have made it easier for you to test for our team:
- You can now test in your own state through Public Safety Testing.
- Oral Boards and initial background interview can be done via Skype;
- We will travel to your state for the on-site background process;
- With a successful background, only then will you need to travel here to meet the Chief and complete the Polygraph, Medical, and Psychological portions.
- When we hire you, you will get $2500 on your first check.
- Upon successful completion of a 6 month probation period, we will give you another $2500