Home  /  How Do I...  /  Apply For...  /  Boards & Commissions

Boards & Commissions



The City of Federal Way has several volunteer Citizen Boards and Commissions that advise the Mayor and City Council in certain areas of government and policy issues.

Eligibility requirements for these Boards and Commissions are established in Chapter 2 of the Federal Way Revised Code. Appointments to most Boards and Commissions are made during City Council Meetings by City Council after interviewing applicants. 


The City is currently seeking applicants for the following commissions:





Arts Commission

(1) voting and (2) alternates

Civil Service Commission

(1) voting and (2) alternates

Diversity Commission

(3) voting & (1) alternate

Historic Landmarks Commission

(1) voting

Independent Salary Commission

(1) voting and (2) alternates

Parks & Recreation Commission

(4) voting and (2) alternates

Planning Commission

(1) alternate

Senior Advisory Commission

(3) alternates

Youth Commission

(8) voting and (3) alternates 

Eligible candidates will be interviewed by the City Council at a Special Meeting(s) to be announced. Please check back for future openings as this page is updated frequently.

* The next review of applications is scheduled for Friday, October 22nd.


Submit completed applications to:

City Clerk's Office
33325 - 8th Avenue South
Federal Way, WA  98003-6325
or via email.
Summary of regular meeting dates and times for these Commissions/Boards can be found here.









Stephanie Courtney, CMC
City Clerk

Jennifer Marshall, CMC
Deputy City Clerk

Katey Hobbs
Administrative Assistant

Phone Number: 253 835.2541

Address: 33325 8th Ave S; Federal Way, WA  98003

Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday