Home  /  First-Time Applicants / New or Renewal for Minors

First-Time Applicants / New or Renewal for Minors



Mon - Fri / 8:30AM - 12:00PM
Call 253.835.2603 to schedule

Federal Way City Hall, Permit Center
33325 8th Avenue South
Federal Way, WA  98003

Processing Times
  • Routine/Regular Service: 18 weeks 
  • Expedited Service: 12 weeks if returned by overnight delivery (additional fee)

View the Seattle Passport Agency information if you need a passport (including a renewal) before 12 weeks. 


New Passport, Lost and Stolen Passports, and New and Renewals for Children Under 16

  • All those applying (including children and infants) must appear in person. 
  • For minors, both parents must appear. If one parent is unable to appear, he or she may submit form DS3053 (minor consent) with a copy of his or her identification. The minor consent form is available at City Hall or online.
  • Applicable payment (two separate fees: Payment to the US Department of State must be a check or money order. There is a second separate payment to the City of Federal Way that can be a check, money order, cash, VISA, or MasterCard.). 
  • Completed application - applications may be obtained at City Hall, the Post Office, or online.  
  • Identification:
    • Valid driver's license, government-issued ID, or military ID. Include a photocopy of your ID on an 8 1/2 by 11-inch paper with front and back on the same side of the paper or on separate pages. 
  • Proof of citizenship:
    • Certified birth or naturalization certificate and/or previous passport (original documents only). (If under 16 and renewing a passport, submit the minor's passport and birth certificate.) Birth registration or hospital certificates are not acceptable. A previous passport that expired more than five years ago may be used instead of a birth certificate if over the age of 16. 
  • One passport photo. 


Fee Schedule       



Adults Ages 16 and Older

Children / Minors Ages 15 and Younger

Passport Book (Check or Money Order)



Passport Card (Check or Money Order)



Both Passport Book and Card (Check or Money Order)



Expedite Fee (Add to Above Check or Money Order) $60 $60
Execution Fee
(Separate Payment by Check, Money Order, Cash, VISA, or MasterCard)
$35 $35