Home  /  Inside City Hall  /  Departments  /  Community Development  /  Passports




Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 8:30AM - 11:45AM
Scheduling is required to be online at 

For new passports, lost or stolen passports, and new and renewals for children under 16 go here.
For renewals for adults go here.

Payment to the US Department of State must be a check or money order ONLY.
There is a second separate payment to the City of Federal Way that can be a check, money order, cash, VISA, or MasterCard.

Federal Way City Hall, Second Floor Help Desk
33325 8th Avenue South
Federal Way, WA  98003

Processing Time:  

Routine/Regular: 8 - 11 weeks
Expedited: 5-7 weeks (with additional fee)

To check on the status of a submitted passport, visit the federal government's passport site.


The City of Federal Way is an official Passport Acceptance Agency. The actual decision to issue or deny a passport is made only by a passport services agency, not the City of Federal Way. Passports are not required for direct travel between the mainland U.S. and its insular territories, including Guam, Puerto Rico, the Marianas, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. A passport card is good only for land and sea travel from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean. All air travel requires a passport book.

The Federal Real I.D. Act: starts May 3, 2023, for anyone traveling by airplane (even for domestic flights) must use a REAL ID-compliant license or ID card (for Washingtonians this is an Enhanced Driver’s license, Passport Card, or Passport Book). Please note that a Real I.D. is currently required to enter federal facilities. Please be aware that as citizens prepare to meet this requirement, requests for passport services will increase.